1. What are cookies and why do we use them on the website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s device when he or she accesses certain websites to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out on their computer.
Cookies allow this website, to store and retrieve information about the user’s decisions and habits, among other things. The cookies that exist for this website are necessary for its operation.
2. What kind of cookies does the website use?
Depending on how long they remain active, cookies can be divided into session or permanent cookies:
- Session cookies: These are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are normally used to store information that is only of interest for providing the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in the user’s computer for a longer period of time, thereby facilitating control over the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain settings every time the user visits the website.
In addition, depending on the organisation that manages them, cookies can be classified as either first-party or third-party:
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another party that processes the data obtained via cookies.
The types of cookies used on the website for these purposes:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different service options provided there.
- Custom cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some default general characteristics depending on a set of criteria in the user’s computer, like the language, settings and more.
|_ga||javierllanso.com||Used by Google Analytics to identify sessions.||2 years|
|_gid||javierllanso.com||Used by Google Analytics to identify sessions.||24 hours|
|qtrans_front_language||javierllanso.com||User experience cookie that is used to determine the default language.||1 year|
3. How can you disable cookies on your browser?
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether or not they want to accept cookies and decide which ones if they do. These options are usually found in the “settings” or “preferences” button in your browser menu.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the major browsers:
Settings >> Show advanced options >> Privacy >> Content settings.
For further information, please check with Google support or the browser’s help.
Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> History >> Custom Settings.
For further information, please check with Mozilla support or the browser’s help.
- Internet Explorer:
Tools >> Internet Options >> Privacy >> Settings.
For further information, please check with Microsoft support or the browser’s help.
Preferences >> Security.
For further information, please check with Apple support or the browser’s help.